Monday, March 22, 2010

Labour Day.

Our final family of 3 photo, this is just before we left for the hospital.
I'm so big!




After a totally painless amniocentesis at 9am, we went to labor and delivery.
This is me before the pain kicks in!





Me pretending to be in pain!
Notice how we don't have any real contraction photos......


My labour coaches waiting.





OK, graphic photo warning.....
Here is Allister being born.














Daddy cuts the cord.





Hi Daddy!








Allister Samuel Blake arrived at 10:03pm after a relatively easy labor of 9 1/2 hours. Almost exactly how long labor was with Harrison. I pushed for 4 contractions (about 20 minutes).
He was 8lb 6oz, 21inches long and had a head size of 14inches.









He has tons of dark hair just like Harrison did at birth, but is much rounder in the body and face. His eyes are dark grey/blue. I have a feeling this boys going to be dark with dark eyes like me.









Hi Mummy!




Our wonderful nurse Mary-Beth.
She was with us through the whole delivery and was awesome.







And below my wonderful OB/Gyn Doctor Rhonda Gaiser. It made such a difference to have the doctor I have known for 3 years deliver my baby.








After patching me up and some baby checks, we finally got moved from the delivery room to our regular room around midnight. We were then bombarded with baby nurses and mummy nurses who had lots of temperatures, baths, checks and more checks to do. They didn't leave us alone till around 3am so we were all very tired by that point! Although daddy did snore through many of the check ups.........

I think I clocked about 2 or 3 hours sleep by the time they started checking in on us again at 7am sharp! I highly recommend having your baby early in the day!





Then the visitors arrived!
Harrison got to meet his baby brother, he was more interested in the new train toy we got him.
He pointed said baby, and that was as much interest as he showed.



















After our 2 night stay we were all ready to go home!
All puffy from the IV fluids.




No comments: