Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bye Bye Boppy.

For the longest time a Boppy has sat on my couch, and in Harrison's nursery. Its staple of almost every nursing mum. Now that we are done with nursing, both Boppys have been packed up and moved to the basement. We nursed for 1 year and 3 days, towards the end Harrison's was just not interested any more. The American Academy or Pediatrics (AAP) recommends nursing for at least the first year of a child's life. I am proud to have accomplished this. Any mum out there, and many husbands too, know what a challenge it can be, especially in the first days and weeks. I am pleased to say I found nursing only slightly challenging in the first few days, and had far less trouble than most first time mums. I have found nursing, for the most part, a pleasure that I shall miss.

No comments: