Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Poor baby booboo's

Its been a tough week for poor baby Harrison :-(

Firstly, he hurt his mouth. I had just finished brushing his teeth, and then was getting him undressed for his bath. He stood up and grabbed his toothbrush and ran away. He fell over, I think with the toothbrush in his mouth. He screamed, I picked up the poor little naked baby and he was bleeding from his mouth :-( It BROKE my heart! I panicked and ran downstairs screaming we had to take him to Urgent Care! With the help of a torch (or flash light as you guys here call it, I didn't use a flame!) and a plastic spoon I managed to get a good look inside his mouth, he had poked or bitten the inside of his cheek. Anyway he calmed down pretty quick and the bleeding stopped so Matt managed to persuade me rushing off to the hospital may be an overreaction. Even so, I checked on him every 10 minutes while he was napping, just in case.
The next day he had a little lump on his cheek, but he has been fine. Hes such a trooper!

Then on Wednesday he got Lassoed by Guinness's tether! He is the second casualty of Guinness's tether in 2 weeks (it was my turn last time and I had a massive bruise on my leg to show for it) Harrison was wondering the grass outside and Guinness was merrily wandering round too. Then out of the blue Guinness bolted (I guess he saw a ball, bird or bunny?) and Harrison was in the way! I freaked, again, and Harrison was caught on the side of his neck and fell down. It could have been SO MUCH worse! Poor poor baby, my heart skipped a beat and I felt sick for ages! We WILL be buying an electric fence now, we are not allowed to put up a real fence. I cant have this happen again. Anyway, Harrison is fine, thankfully, and just has a little scrape on his neck.

Lets hope these things really don't come in threes, my heart wont take much more!

1 comment:

Jon and Christy said...

I'm so glad everything turned out fine in the end. Poor guy! Being a mom is so hard with all the worrying and bumps and bruises.