Friday, November 26, 2010

Sleep training

I am very lucky to have good sleepers.
Sleep training in this house entails....

1: Not nursing them to sleep during the day.
2: Making sure they go to nap in their own crib.
3: Putting them down way BEFORE they are tired.
4: trying to keep them on some sort of schedule until they get the hang of it.

That's it! No crying it out required, i find a crib mirror and some sort of toy helps for distraction at this age. And I let them fuss and whine a bit when I first leave. But I never had to let my babies cry, for which I am very thankful! I'm not sure I can do it. I did it a little with Harrison, just a handful of times when I was at the end of my tether and he needed to sleep. Looking back he was probably teething or something at the time, but it happened rarely.
Allister goes to sleep all by himself and he is happy as a lamb. He is sleeping through till around 5am and then goes back to sleep till 6:30 or 7 ish. I think that 5am feed will be hard to drop when we wean, Harrison always slept till 6:30 from 3 months, so we didn't have that issue!
yay for sleeping babies!


No comments: