Friday, July 23, 2010

If I could freeze time....

I would freeze Allister at 4 1/2 months.
He is so adorable right now, it's the cutest age!
He coos and giggle all day long, and laughs when he sees me or Daddy coming in the room.
He'll lay and play all by himself which is so fun to watch, playing with his feet and grabbing at toys. He is never grumpy, and always happy. He isn't demanding, and thinks we are the best thing since sliced bread!
I love this age....

...and then I think of all the cuteness to come.
Sitting up, crawling, the first time he says Mummy or Daddy, the first steps he takes, those little chubby legs running around the house, and getting in to everything.
That's when I realize I don't want to freeze time at all, I just wish these moments lasted a little longer. Milestones are coming faster and faster. Before long I'll have no babies in the house any more. So I'm treasuring these moments as much as I can.

Its a bitter sweet feeling to think I may never be pregnant again, being pregnant is such hard work (for 90% of women). But I feel so sad at the thought of never being pregnant again. It seems so final! But I am 90% certain that we are done with our family, if you asked Matt he would say we are 100% done! We love our boys so much, we want to have the time, money and ability to give them the best of everything. Most importantly to be able to give them the attention they need, the quality time, the one on one time. The ability to be able to take them on vacations without having to pay for 5 or 6 flights and 3 hotel rooms! These are the practicalities of having a larger family.
So, even though there's a part of me that will always be broody for the 4 kids I planned to have as a 9 year old, I think we can say our family is complete.
And we always have the ability to change our minds!


No comments: